As I’ve been planning our upcoming trip to Italy, I’ve found my cooking quite inspired by the cuisine. Last night, I needed a quick dinner and happened to find fresh baguettes on sale at Whole Foods for just 99¢, so I went with one of my favorite go-to 5 minute recipes: bruschetta!
- 1 package organic cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 1 package organic mozzarella cheese
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon organic olive oil (my favorite brand is Kasandrinos)
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Put tomatoes into food processor and pulse just a couple times until tomatoes are broken up.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix together. That was so easy, right?!
4 Easy Serving Options:
Toasted Baguette – the most traditional way to serve… cut a baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices and arrange on a cookie sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle some garlic and ground pepper on top. Put in a 425 degree oven for 3-5 minutes depending on how toasty you like your bread. Top with the bruschetta and serve.
Pasta – prepare your favorite pasta (I recommend Organic Einkorn Grain Spaghetti for a more digestible form of gluten) and toss with olive oil. Instead of a sauce, top with bruschetta for a fresh version perfect for a hot summer day!
Grilled Chicken – for a healthier, gluten-free version with some protein, marinate some chicken with balsamic vinegar for an hour and then grill. Top with the bruschetta mixture and serve.
Salad – another gluten-free option – get your veggies for the day by serving over some mixed greens; plus, you won’t even need to add dressing.
One thought on “Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta”