Did you know that your non-stick cookware is toxic? There are a few ingredients used to make the coating that are particularly dangerous. When you use the pans to cook your food, heat (especially over 400 degrees) causes the chemicals to leach into the food you consume.
PFAS and PFOA, the chemicals in the non-stick coating that makes it resist grease, water, and oil has been shown in studies to:
- affect growth, learning, and behavior of infants and older children
- lower a woman’s chance of getting pregnant
- interfere with the body’s natural hormones
- increase cholesterol levels
- affect the immune system
- increase the risk of cancer
- change liver, thyroid and pancreatic function
And two toxic metals commonly found in non-stick cookware are lead and cadmium, known to cause cancer and targets the body’s cardiovascular, renal, gastrointestinal, neurological, reproductive, and respiratory systems. Source: Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Since learning all this years ago, I have been avoiding non-stick cookware and using stainless steel pots and pans instead. But, I have been frustrated with how difficult they can be to clean. I learned about ceramic cookware as a good alternative with natural non-stick properties, but most brands are very expensive. This year, I discovered Greenlife. It’s safe and free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium. PLUS it is on Amazon Prime AND it is super affordable!
I bought the 12 inch frying pan and have been using it (nearly every day) for 8 months now. It is still like-new and holding up well. Ceramic is strong, so it is less prone to damage/scratches and longer lasting. It’s extremely easy to clean too- I never have to do any scrubbing!
A couple things to note about cooking with ceramic:
- Ceramic takes a little longer to heat up, but distributes heat very evenly and holds heat well (so will continue cooking after you turn off the heat). It’s something to keep in mind as you cook.
- You can use a lot less oil when cooking with ceramic and still not worry about it sticking. I’ve loved the sear it gives on meat and how I can “fry” kale with just a spritz of oil.
Looking for a Christmas gift idea or something to ease the cooking and cleaning during this holiday season? Any of these would make a perfect gift to someone special or to yourself:
Try it out for only $25 with the GreenLife Soft Grip 12″ Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan
Or get the full set for only $85 – GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
If you like to bake or roast, get this set for $65 – GreenLife 6pc Cookware and Bakeware Set
This post is not sponsored, just sharing about a product I love!