It’s been years since I found out how dangerous and toxic regular antiperspirant deodorant is, and since then I have been on a mission to find a safe, natural alternative that actually works. I’ve tried A LOT of different kinds and brands and most have worked for awhile but seem to lose their effectiveness over time. Maybe that’s the way natural deodorants go?
I’ve been using a new natural deodorant for the past 6 months, through the hot Texas summer, and I’m still loving it, so I hope it’s okay to finally share this recommendation.
Kopari Deo has none of the bad stuff- aluminum, silicon, parabens or phthalates. It does, unfortunately, contain fragrance, but I haven’t had a reaction to that like some do. It also doesn’t have baking soda, which makes it less of a skin irritant.
I do find that this deodorant lasts the full day. I wore it to Sea World this Summer and it passed that test! I love how smooth it is and easy to apply (more like a “normal” deo you would get at the store- I missed those). I love the very light scent. And I feel like this is a hydrating (coconut oil), non-irritating option that I can actually apply right after shaving.
Kopari has an auto-ship program that gives you a discount on the product + free shipping, so I get this delivered to my door for just $12 every 3 months. If you would like to try it for $10 off your first order, use this link. Plus – if you don’t love it, you can return it for free!
I also find that I generally need to switch up the deodorant I use, at least a couple times a week, in order for it to stay effective. I’ve been switching off with Alaffia Lavender & Activated Charcoal Coconut Reishi Deodorant. Alaffia is also free of parabens, phthalates, sulphates and aluminum, with the added bonus that it has no artificial fragrances!
There isn’t enough charcoal in this to irritate the skin (it is still a super smooth stick), but enough to provide a bit of an antiperspirant effect. It feels very hydrating and I love the light, natural scent in this one too. I also like that you can get this at the grocery store for only $6, so makes it cheap and convenient. The only reason I don’t use it every single day is that it doesn’t last for an entire day like Kopari, but it is a really good “relief” option.
If it helps, here’s a list of what I’ve tried previously that worked at least for a bit:
- Primal Pit Paste – my favorite in terms of the ingredient list, but didn’t last through an entire day.
- Tom’s, Silver Shield & Lafes Crystal – all just simply stopped working over time.
- PiperWai – the most effective natural antiperspirant I’ve found BUT I had a reaction to the charcoal during pregnancy and I’ve never been able to wear it again without major skin irritation (hormones??)
- YoungLiving AromaGuard – actually very effective but I don’t like the price + shipping and the scent is a little strong to me.
- Schmidt’s Rose Vanilla Natural Deodorant – I really wanted to love this one as it is easily available at the grocery store, cheap and smells great, but it just didn’t last a full day for me.
I’m always open to suggestions! Native is currently next on my list.
Let me know what you think!