We had these delicious, cheesy rolls at a Brazilian steakhouse years ago and I’ve been trying to perfect a home recipe ever since. Well, I think I did it. My family, especially my super picky preschooler, loves these.
They are naturally gluten-free because they are made with tapioca flour, which gives them a super unique (slightly gummy, but don’t let that scare you!) texture. Since I now have a chicken egg sensitivity, I make these with duck eggs that I get at the farmer’s market. Filled with tons of healthy fat, these are more nutritious than you’d ever dream based on how scrumptious they are. Just try not to eat all 12 yourself.
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour (I buy this from Thrive Market)
- 1 egg (works best if room temp, but I almost always forget, so it will be okay if you do too)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup of olive or avocado oil
- 2/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined and lumps are gone.
- Grease muffin pan (I use spray olive oil for this) and fill each cup about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until golden on top. When you touch the top, it will be hard.
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!