You’ve probably seen it all over social media… people are obsessed with essential oils. Personally, I was really skeptical of the whole essential oil thing for awhile, but let me tell you: I tried them and I am now a believer! They really are amazing and have helped me achieve better health naturally and safely.
If you’ve been wanting to try essential oils and just aren’t sure where to get started, I thought I would help provide a quick guide for you. It can be a bit overwhelming sorting through all the information – what company to choose, what oils to start with, how to use the oils, and the list goes on. I’ve done tons of research and I’m here to help!
What Kind to Buy? Does Brand Matter?
I’ve learned from experience that brand really does matter when it comes to the effectiveness of oils. I’ve tried several brands and now only buy from a couple of companies I know sell pure, high-quality oils that actually work. Many cheaper store brands use chemicals (in growing, distillation or bottling) or add filler oils and fragrances to the bottle. Even if they claim to be “pure,” unfortunately, they often aren’t. Young Living became my favorite company because they own their entire process from Seed to Seal – they grow the plants on their own farms (pesticide-free), distill and bottle the oils themselves. I trust their oils to be safe and therapeutically effective based both on my research and personal experience.
What Oils to Try?
- Free Sample – for my local friends, I’d be happy to share a few drops of one of my favorites as a sample if you’d like to try something before you take the step to purchase.
- Try One or Two – Young Living has a website where you can purchase oils without any commitment. When you create an account, make sure to put this in the Referral ID field: 2343919.
- Which Oil(s) to Choose: I am happy to make personal recommendations based on what you’re looking to use it for – maybe you’re looking for something to help with allergies, with headaches, for energy, for non-toxic house cleaning, stress-relief, skincare… the list goes on – you tell me what you’re looking to tackle naturally! You can comment on this post, use the contact form here.
- Start with a Bundle (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!) – Young Living offers several discounted Starter Bundles- many options come with 12 of the most popular and a diffuser. You can create an account and get 24% off retail pricing if you order one of these for over 100 PV (or sign up for a subscription to get that discount). When you create an account, make sure to put this in the Referral ID field: 2343919.
- No minimum order or pressure to purchase – You don’t have to purchase anything after your bundle if you don’t want to (though I bet you will!). There is no fee to keep your wholesale pricing active; you only need to spend $50PV on products each year to keep it.
- Compensation as an Independent Distributor – There is no obligation to sell oils, but if you’re looking for some extra income, there are ways to receive compensation for sharing oils with your friends.
- Optional Subscription / Loyalty Rewards Program – Each order earns you points towards free products and you also get reduced shipping rates.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. I am not a doctor and any tips I share are not meant to diagnose or cure disease; I am just sharing ways that these oils have helped me personally.
6 thoughts on “Essential Oils: Where to Start”