A few months ago, I received Thieves foaming hand soap complimentary in my essential oils order. I used it and absolutely loved it. But, I went to re-order and was astounded to find they cost $17 retail each. Ridiculous!
Refusing to spend that kind of money on hand soap and desperate for the soap that’s left my hands feeling cleaner than ever, I discovered a super easy DIY recipe. I love that with this recipe I can use whatever essential oils I want, to change scent with the season. The Thieves essential oil blend feels perfect for this time of year, especially with the added bonus of immune system support.
This only takes 1 minute to make and you probably already have all the ingredients in your cabinets. I don’t think I’ll ever buy hand soap again after figuring out this simple trick.
What You’ll Need:
- glass foaming soap dispenser
- water (distilled will last longer if you don’t think this will get used in a few weeks time)
- olive oil or liquid coconut oil
- unscented Dr. Bronner’s pure castile soap
- essential oil (your choice – I would recommend Thieves, lemon, orange or lavender)
- Fill an empty soap dispenser 2/3 full with water. You must add water before soap to keep from bubbling up.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of castile soap.
- Add 4-5 drops of essential oil.
- Put the top on and shake slightly to mix all ingredients and it is ready.
Happy DIY-ing! Let me know what you think!