A few months ago, I put together a yummy list of healthy places to eat out in Austin. Many of you had great recommendations to share and were excited to have the list for reference, so I thought I would continue the series and share a few more that I’ve discovered with you.
As we know, with Austin, the restaurant scene is constantly changing and great new places open monthly… If you want to keep up with what I’m hearing about or see what’s located near you from this list, check out my new Health Foodie Pinterest Map and follow the board for updates!
Here are a few places I’ve eating that I forgot to mention last time or have tried from my bucket list since then:
- Jack Allen’s Kitchen – Locally sourced Texas cuisine; the homemade pimento cheese is awesome and I don’t think there’s anything on this menu I wouldn’t love
- La Condesa – Locally sourced modern Mexican; I loved all the healthy options they have to offer on their menu and the atmosphere can’t be beat, but I must admit it’s quite pricey for what you get, so I didn’t think it quite lived up to all the hype.
- Snap Kitchen – Currently obsessed with this place for easy, healthy lunches to bring to work – read my full review here.
- Monument Cafe – Adorable roadside cafe right off Georgetown Square with fresh & locally sourced meat and produce, some of which is even from their own garden. Try the seasonal vegetable specials so you can finish your meal with a slice of the most amazing chocolate pie you’ll ever eat. Living healthfully means living balanced, right?
- El Monumento – A place you’d never think to find in Georgetown, this restaurant has a cool, modern feel to it and a beautiful terrace overlooking Blue Hole Lagoon. Awesome interior Mexican food with local ingredients and wild-caught seafood. And the cocktails are great too!
- Vino Vino – Evan and I had our first date here – it’s the perfect romantic spot for date night! They have lots of local menu items, with some delicious raw cheese options and yummy salads. Oh, and the wine is pretty great too.
- Texas French Bread – Love this place for breakfast. They have free-range eggs and pretty much everything is homemade.
- Greenhouse Craft Food – Another great place for breakfast with lots of locally sourced meat, eggs and produce. It took us forever to decide what to get because the whole menu looked just awesome. And for those of you with kids, it’s super family-friendly!
And now to add a few more to my ever-growing bucket list of more places to try in Austin:
- Picnik Austin – Paleo, gluten-free coffee & more!
- Epicerie – French cafe
- Noble Pig Sandwiches – Unique breakfast & lunch sandwich creations
- Eastside Pies – Pizza; they even get some produce from a community farm I volunteer at – Urban Roots – check it out!
- Wholly Cow Burgers – The name says it all…
- Swift’s Attic – Creative small plates and craft cocktails
- Searsucker – New American cuisine with farm to table specialties
- Qui – Recently named “the best new restaurant in America,” and it’s right here in Austin… why haven’t I been yet!?
- Benji’s Cantina – Their Vital Farms chicken fajitas are apparently the best (but most expensive) in town
- Chavez – Brand new at the Radisson on Town Lake.. it’s the newest to the Parkside/Olive & June family
- Odd Duck – Intensely local, seasonal fare
- Josephine House – The cutest spot in Clarksville offering lunch, afternoon snacks and evening drinks
- Cenote – A truly local coffee shop
- Arro – The focus of the kitchen is a wood-fired grill, incorporating local and organic products whenever possible.
- Dolce Neve – Authentic gelato made with milk from County Line Farms – the only truly local, organic, grass fed pastured dairy in Texas
I’d love to keep this list going… do you have anything else to add? Suggest away!