The name of Purification essential oil makes its benefits pretty clear. This blend purifies, cleanses and disinfects in so many ways and can be used both around the house and for your health. It packs a powerful aroma that well represents the power of the individual essential oils inside the bottle:
- Citronella – anti-inflammatory and helps repel insects
- Lemongrass – purifying and antifungal properties
- Rosemary – may help fight candida and infections
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) – anti-inflammatory properties
- Lavandin – antiseptic properties
- Myrtle – may support immune function
I use this powerful blend all the time and it truly works wonders. Here’s how I use it:
- Diffuse for Air Purification – a couple drops of this in the diffuser (add some lemon too!) will help purify the air and any unwanted odors in your home. I use this after I cook curry or fish when the smell seems to linger.
- Laundry – Have a front-loader washer and hate the mustiness? Put a couple drops of Purification in the front rubber seal every month to neutralize mildew. Forget to move your clothes from the washer to the dryer for a little too long? Add a couple drops to a dryer sheet, dryer balls or to a wet cloth and add to the dryer to make your clothes fresh again.
- Odor Elimination – There are SO many ways to use this oil to eliminate unwanted odors. Put a drop on a cotton ball and put in your shoes (bonus: you can reuse the cotton ball for several shoes). A drop on a cotton ball in the bottom of your trash can or in your car air vent; or a drop to some baking soda in a cup in your refrigerator or down your sink disposal. Purification also works great if you’ve hung around the campfire and can’t get the smoke smell out of clothes, blankets, etc.
- Blemishes – Forget to wash your face last night and breaking out? Add a drop of Purification oil to some coconut oil and apply to your face to reduce inflammation and clear up the blemishes in just a few hours.
- Ear Aches – Whenever I get an ear ache and am worried about infection taking hold, I add a drop to a cotton ball and place in my ear to see relief overnight.
- Pet Spray – I add a couple drops Purification to a spray bottle with water and spray it on my pup before she goes outside to help repel fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. Plus it helps get rid of the outside-dog smell.
- Cuts & Bug Bites – When I cut myself with a rose thorn and my hand swelled, Purification was the only thing that worked to help bring down the inflammation and promote healing. I’ve found the same thing with mosquito bites and wasp stings. Mix with a drop of lavender and teaspoon of coconut oil and apply to bites and cuts.
If you already have this oil, I’m sure you can try one of these uses immediately. If you don’t have this oil, it’s a must-have! See this post for more information on essential oils, or contact me directly at healthyhopefulblog(at)gmail.com.