I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to write about one of my all-time favorite essential oils: Thieves. This oil is incredible at supporting the immune system to help fight illness.
So what’s with the name? This blend of oils is based on a formula that allegedly kept 4 thieves from getting the bubonic plague as they robbed the dead and dying. When questioned by authorities, legend has it that they revealed the secret blend they wore in masks to protect themselves in exchange for a lesser punishment.
What’s in it? Whether the legend is true or not, Thieves is a blend of 5 really powerful essential oils:
- Clove has been used since ancient times by Healers to aid the body in fighting infection. Interesting historical tidbit: When the Dutch conquered the island of Ternate in 16th century, they destroyed the many clove trees on the island. Until that time, many generations were protected from epidemics because of cloves in their diet; afterwards, nearly the entire indigenous population died from disease.
- Lemon contains properties that amplify immunity and promotes circulation and lymphatic function.
- Cinnamon Bark is mentioned throughout the Bible and is valuable for helping your body fight infection.
- Eucalyptus Radiata was a treasured ingredient in folk medicine; it’s great for supporting the respiratory and sinus system.
- Rosemary was burned as incense to help protect against infection by cultures for many centuries. This herb is supports immune function and improves mental clarity.
How do I use it? I put a drop of Thieves on the bottom of my feet every day as a regular immune system boost. I use extra when I’m sick and put it in my diffuser to disinfect the air as well. Whenever I fly somewhere, I put a couple of drops on a scarf and wear it on the airplane to help disinfect the air I breathe.
I also clean my house with it. Thieves Household Cleaner is the best all-purpose cleaner I’ve ever used. And the best part – it’s completely non-toxic. I use it for all my kitchen and bathroom surfaces, as a de-greaser and for cleaning my windows and mirrors. I recently, finally threw away all the chemical cleaners in my house and replaced them with this safe option. The good news is that it’s also cheaper than all the other products I was buying!
For more information about essential oils, you can reach out to me personally or visit this page.
Source: Essential Oils Pocket Reference